Hog Deer ballot for 2017 season
BLOND BAY HOG DEER ADVISORY GROUP
Each year, the Blond Bay Hog Deer Advisory Group conducts a ballot to select hunters to hunt for free-ranging Hog Deer on Blond Bay State Game Reserve or on sections of the Boole Poole Peninsula.
Applications for the ballot to hunt Hog Deer in 2017 closes last mail 30th November 2016.
About the Ballot
- Entry fee to the ballot is $15.00 AUD
- All deer are free ranging
- The hunt is conducted in reserves managed by Parks Victoria near Bairnsdale, Victoria, Australia.
- Surveys will be carried out in the balloted areas to set the 2017 harvest.
- The number of people hunting during each balloted period between February 2017 and June 2017 will be limited.
- Only one application is allowed per hunter.
- The Blond Bay Hog Deer Advisory Group reserves the right to specify the sex and number of deer to be harvested by successful hunters in the Ballot.
- Camping is only permitted at a specified site within the hunting area.
- Balloted hunters must hunt their allocated period; another period will not be made available on request.
- Hunts are non-transferable.
- Please note that contact details of successful hunters will be passed on to the East Gippsland Branch of ADA to enable an invitation to be sent out for a hunter education weekend prior to the balloted hunt. Your contact details will also be given to other hunters in your hunting period for safety and liaison purposes.
The ballot will be drawn on 10 December 2016 at the Christmas meeting of the Upper Goulburn Branch of the Australian Deer Association in Alexandra, Victoria. You do not have to be present for the draw as all winners will be formally notified via mail.
This page will be updated to list the winners names after the draw.
There are two application options:
1. Immediate online application with a credit card payment
You can enter the ballot now online using a simple, online event registration and payment service. Don't forget to include your address in the application to ensure you are formally notified if you are drawn from the ballot.
2. Application via mail with cheque or money order payment
If you want to pay by cheque or money order, write your full name, postal address, home, work and mobile number on a piece of paper and mail it with your $15 payment to:
P O Box 19
BAIRNSDALE, VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA 3875
Registration and payments must be received by 30 November 2016.
DO NOT SEND CASH IN THE MAIL.
For more information on Hog Deer Hunting in Victoria please take a look at the Fact Sheets on this page.