Adaptive harvest model
In 2010, an expert Scientific Panel was convened by the Adaptive Harvest Management subcommittee of the Hunting Advisory Committee to recommend a robust scientific approach to sustainable waterfowl harvesting in Victoria that would:
- consider previous work and evaluate the current harvest approach in Victoria
- investigate other approaches adopted throughout the world and relevant scientific research
- into adaptive and other wildlife harvest management models consider the existing literature on the ecology and biology of Australian waterfowl
- populations (habitat utilisation, population dynamics, movement patterns, etc.) whendeveloping an approach on harvest management
- identify a scientific credible harvest management model that can be delivered at minimal cost.
The report below details the comittee's findings and recommendations for an adaptive harvest model.