Research Permits

To better understand game and their environment, organisations or individuals may need to conduct research on Victoria's game species.  In accordance with legislation, authority is required to take, destroy, possess, mark or handle game species. The GMA will assess the merits of each research application and grant a relevant permit where appropriate.

The permit application should be completed and returned to the GMA as specified in the research permit application form.

Page last updated: 19 Jul 2022